Jumpstart the job search
September 16th, 2010
With many new college graduates struggling to land a job, Ladd Flock, Wake Forest’s director of career services, offers 10 steps seniors can take to improve their chances of finding a job by graduation.
The top 5 are …
1. Register with the university’s career office — Update your career center profile with current career interests, job experience, and GPA.
2. Update your resume — Employers may come recruiting as early as one or two weeks into the semester.
3. Line up your references — Many employers require a letter of recommendation or references for new hires.
4. Prepare your interviewing attire — Employers are eyeing you as a potential full-time employee. Dress the part.
5. Begin your professional presence online — Start by cleaning up your Facebook page and creating a Linked In profile.